Counterfeit Leupold scopes

The stuff we carry and the bags we carry it in!

Moderator: ripjack13

Vendor
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:18 am
I received a flyer from Leupold. here is the synopsis

Counterfeit Warning
Counterfeit Leupold Riflescope Warning

Leupold® is issuing a customer alert to purchasers of products, particularly via Internet sales, in regards to bogus Leupold products that are apparently being illegally imported from the People’s Republic of China. These products bear many of the marks and trade dress of current Leupold & Stevens riflescopes making them very hard to distinguish externally from authentic Leupold products.

Counterfeited Leupold Mark 4® riflescopes and more recently, counterfeited Leupold Prismatic riflescopes have begun to arrive with increasing regularity at the firm’s Beaverton, Oregon, headquarters for service. These products are not manufactured by Leupold and are not covered by the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee.

Leupold employs serial number tracking for all its riflescopes, so if a customer finds a scope that is suspect, he or she can simply write down the serial number and call 1-800-LEUPOLD to confirm if it is indeed authentic.

Please be on guard for these fraudulent scopes.
--Jim

.22LR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 am
fortunately both of our candidates for president say they are going to get tough on China and put a stop to this kind of thing :roll:

Thanks for the info Raven
Vendor
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:52 am
Let's hope so. I know there are many legitimate companies in China, like the Fenix flashlight company, but these counterfeits have to stop. A badly made scope is not only fraud, but dangerous, too. If you consider the shock of recoil, especially on a shotgun with slugs, things like lenses can blow out and shatter on the shooter.
--Jim
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:02 am
I can't stand counterfeit parts and I will certainly keep an eye out for this.
Vendor
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:54 am
You shouldn't have a problem if you stick to buying one from a reputable source. You'll more than likely get into trouble if you go to a place like eBay, or some third rate web site and the price looks a little TOO good. If you see one you really like, ask for the serial number and call Leupold. IF the seller balks, move on.
--Jim

Return to Bags, Gear And Load-Outs