CamelBak Linchpin! *Lots of pics*

Moderator: ripjack13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:22 pm
Tactical and Hydration!!!

Just got the CamelBak Linchpin since we've been talking bout hydration packs and systems. I'm really diggin it so far as I'm figuring out just how to use it, its loaded with features and I'm finding it has a ton of space!!!

CamelBak Linchpin

Featuring the Futura Harness by Mystery Ranch, the Linchpin™ allows the user to custom-fit the harness to a specific torso length. It can also be adjusted for wearing with or without armor. A narrow profile allows the user a full range of motion and easier movement through narrow spaces.

SPECS:
Hydration Capacity: 102 oz (3.1 L)

Cargo Volume: 1800 cu in (29.5 L)

Total Volume: 1984 cu in (32.5 L)

Includes the 102 oz (3.1 L) OMEGA® Water Beast™ Reservoir with HydroLink Exit Port

Pack Weight: 3.28 lbs (1.49 kg) with empty reservoir

Materials: 500D Cordura® Fabric front panel, gusset, and shoulder harness top side > Air mesh on back panel and underside of shoulder harness > 210D Nylon lining > 7 series Aluminum > 5 mm Closed-Cell foam for insulated reservoir compartment

Pack Dimensions: 19 in x 17.75 in x 14 in (483 mm x 451 mm x 356 mm)

Features:
CamelBak® Got Your Bak™ Guarantee: If we built it, we'll Bak it™ with our lifetime guarantee

Reservoir Features: Easy-to-fill and clean wide-mouth OMEGA opening, rugged and durable Water Beast™ material, leak-proof screw-cap, insulated PureFlow™ tube, patented Big Bite™ Valve, HydroLink™ Exit Port and Drink Port, HydroLock™ one-handed flow control

Additional Features: Futura Harness by Mystery Ranch provides a custom fit, External side pockets carry three M16 magazines each, Radio equipment compatible with two lash points and dual antennae ports, Overflow compartment provides easy access to gear, Lightweight, durable 500D Cordura® Fabric

Designed to Carry: Ammunition, Radio equipment
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com
"No free man shall ever be procluded the use of arms."
Do right and fear nothing!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:23 pm
I began stuffing things into it today and it isnt even near half full! So I took a bunch of pics to show you what I have so far...

Heres the Linchpin in foliage. I'm finding that these colors in the Curdura, much like Eberlestocks Dry Earth, seem to blend as the light changes against their background. You'll see that in some of the pics where the foliage looks more grey.

Here you can see one of my favorite features of this pack! The open top/top-loading over flow pocket! Also, generous compression straps on either side to keep it all contained!

Thick padded mesh lined straps and backing! The Linchpin also has a "yoke" at the top to aid suspension adjustment of the Futura Harness by Mystery Ranch. I'm told this is among the largest packs made not using a frame. The Futura Harness is a formed and reinforced "plate" that will slide up and down in the back pad and is held in place with heavy velcro and the yoke. Its very comfortable and carries the pack well!

Nice!!!

100 oz./3 ltr. Water Beast! The compartment is also insulated and includes 3 tube ports, one top center, one on either side of the bottom corners, to allow a couple different routing options of the drink tube!

This is the main compartment. You see the velcro flap under the handle (which is super reinforced!). That velcro flap hides on of two radio ports, there is one on each side!

Close up of that radio port opened up, there is also suspension inside for the radio.

Small upper pocket, great for gloves and shooting glasses!

Top loading pocket! Holds a good deal of stuff!

Field jacket, scarf and hat!

Small outer pocket for misc. stuffs...

Earplug thingys, hand warmers and 50' of paracord!

Ooooh, the organizer pocket!

Couple Cliff bars, my Mudinyeri EDC and a folding map case...

Ha! I forgot I had put my bungee sling in there too! Also, my Ammo Head Design ST pen, and cell phone. There is a small bungee thing that will pull down tight over the cell phone, but would be better suited for a 2-way radio or GPS.

Last one for now! Its pretty much the same as the last, but here you can see the difference in color just because of a change in the natural sunlight. The pack actually looks like a slightly different color! and I wanted a slightly better pic of the USA girl on my phone! :lol:

So, there are a few more things I want to show you, but it will have to wait! There are loops on the bottom which I think will be perfect for my tent, and the side pockets for ammo (which is what theyre designed for) and I want to take out the harness plate thing and show you all how that works!

Thanks!
Rossignol, out.
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:44 pm
Awesome review and pixs Bro !!

Thanks for posting...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:43 pm
Thanks Shooter!!! I have much more to detail in the near future, you gotta see how that Futura Harness from Mystery Ranch works! Also, gotta see what kind of ammo I can get in there, I'm thinkin it will easily carry 50 shotgun shells between the two pockets! Specs say it will carry 3 AR/M4 magazines in each, so 180 rounds of 5.56. I dont have any AR mags layin around though. Need some I think...
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:29 pm
Update and more pics!!!

Just wanna show a few more things here. I have found that the pocket for the suspension system allows nicely for my machete!

And I stuffed a few more things into the outer slash pocket! Compression bandage, paracord whistle lanyard with two whistles, and a knife sharpener! I have also added the Black Diamond locking caribiner.

In the open top over-flow pocket, I am keeping a pair of full size binoculars!

With the accessory loops on the bottom of the pack, I used a couple leather straps to attach a 4 man tent, although my family of 5 fits in there!

Quick release buckles everywhere, on the compression straps and on the shoulder straps, making it easy to drop the pack in seconds if need be!

And lastly for tonight, the ammo pocket. There is one on each side and while its designed to cary 3 M4/AR magazines in each pocket, they easily accomodate a 25 round box of 12 ga. shells.

In summary, as of right now, I have a decent bit of weight in or on the pack. The Futura Harness (which I'll feature at another time) by Mystery Ranch makes carrying the weight EASY! I cant explain how comfortable the harness and suspension rig is! Its not like you have to lean forward to make it feel right, it wears really well. Additionally, I've been grabbing the thing and throwin around by whatever I get a hold of. The grab handle and everything else is super reinforced! I think its industructible!!! And if it can be destroyed... theres the CamelBak, "Got Your Bak" gaurantee!
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:51 pm
the back pack is impressive but i'm more interested in that forward sling mount on the shotgun. is that a sling swivel on one side and a rail on the other or am i hoping for too much?! would you point me in the direction of one of those please? i need to get a sling on my 37. cool machete too!
Otis
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:14 pm
Coyote! You arent hopin in too much!

It is indeed a magazine tube clamp with a QD push button, 1 1/4" sling swivel on one side with a 3 slot rail on the other!

I would contact CDM Gear.
www.cdmgear.com
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:19 pm
thank you! will look into that.
Otis

Return to Product Review