Accushot PRM: Precision Rail Monopod Review

Moderator: ripjack13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:29 pm

The Precision Rail Monopod (PRM) mounts to any 1913 style Picatinny rail. The PRM includes push button deployment and retraction feature. The leg folds up and retracts out of the way when not in use. Every model is constructed of the finest materials and built to the highest standards right here in the USA. The Accu-Shot® Precision Rail Monopod is constructed from T6061 aluminum with a hard anodize finish and the internal components are made from alloy steels, heat treated to Rockwell 52 for long lasting strength and durability. Comes with a Thumbnut which allows the operator to "jam" the knob removing all of the tolerance found between the Male/Female threads for an extremely solid shooting platform.

Models equipped with the new Quick Knob (QK01) allow quick gross adjustments into the target with a push of a button! The QK01 has a spring loaded button that when depressed allows the operator to slide the knob up or down on the Actuator Rod quickly into the desired sight picture. When the button is released, the fine threads are re-engaged and the operator can make the final adjustments by rotating the QK01 knob. The QK01 works with the Thumbnut to eliminate any tolerance for increased stability. The leg folds up and retracts out of the way when not needed.

Made in U.S.A.

Available PRM Models:

BT12 - Elevation Range: 3.60 – 4.85"
BT12-QK - Elevation Range: 3.75 – 4.65"
BT13-QK - Elevation Range: 4.75 – 5.65"
BT31-QK - Elevation Range: 5.65 – 6.60"

I use the Accushot PRM model BT13-QK on my Bushmaster. It's mounted to the bottom rail on my Magpul PRS. The BT13 elevation range is perfect for shooting from a bench while using 30 round mags. There is plenty of clearance while shooting and ample room to allow for mag changes.

The Accushot is easily the most amazing shooting tool I've ever used for precision shooting. I have one on each of my target rifles. The range of adjustment is amazing and the ability to make fine adjustments on target is unrivaled. Depress the quick adjust button for macro adjustments or simply twist the monopod around its threads to raise or lower your crosshairs by a fraction of a milimeter. You never have to take your eyes off the target as you fine tune your elevation. Lowering the thumbnut locks the threads to prevents any unintended movement.

Here's a 100yd target featuring a series of 1 MOA and under three shot goups from a range trip with my Bushmaster 5.56 using the Accushot BT13-QK. Ammo was 62gr Federal XM855 Steel Core FMJ.

Needless to say, I highly recommend any of these Accushot Monopods for anyone looking to enhance their shooting experience by creating an exceptionally stable platform with unrivaled ease of adjustment. Try one out, you WON'T be disappointed. For more information on these and other fine Accushot products please visit http://www.accu-shot.com/
"We live in a society of wolves. You do not fight back by creating more sheep."
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:30 pm
In addition to the PRM, I also use Accushot's 'Application Specific Monopods' on my AICS target riles.

The Accuracy International (ASAI) Monopod is designed specifically to fit the Accuracy International AE, AW and AICS systems. The ASAI is attached via an application specific nut without modification to the stock and is deployed and retracted with the press of a button. The knob folds up and retracts out of the way when not in use. It utilizes a Thumbnut to LOCK the unit into a fixed elevation. Like our other monopods, it’s constructed of the finest materials and built to the highest standards right here in the USA. Available in black only. The metal Quick Knob (QK) offers the same fine elevation adjustments as our knob but provides for a quick vertical height adjustment at the push of a button.

Available Application Specific Monopod Models

BT08 - Elevation Range: 3.35 – 4.65"
BTO8-QK - Elevation Range: 3.60 – 4.55"

Here's one mounted on my .308 AICS Remy 700 SPS Tactical...

When not in use the monopod tucks under the stock and out of the way...

With a simple push of a button, the monopod is quickly extended and ready for use...

Here's a 100yd target featuring a series of sub-MOA three shot goups from one of my last range trips with my .308 using the Accushot BT08-QK. Ammo was Federal Premium Gold Medal 168gr Sierra Matchking Hollow-points. The group in the top left is .36 MOA...

I really love these monopods!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:32 pm
Also available in Stud Mount models...

Each Stud Mount Monopod attaches to a traditional angled rifle stock via the Sling Stud found on many common rifle stocks and comes ready to attach to your rifle using a common Sling Swivel. The Leg folds up and retracts, allowing the concurrent use of your sling. No tools are required. Every model is constructed of the finest materials and built to the highest standards right here in the USA. Available in black only.

The metal Quick Knob (QK) offers the same fine elevation adjustments as our “Soft-Touch” knob but provides for a quick vertical height adjustment at the push of a button.

Available Stud Mount Models

BT01 - Elevation Range: 3.30 – 4.45"
BTO1-QK - Elevation Range 3.50 – 4.65"
BT04 Locking - Elevation Range 3.60 – 4.75"
BT04-QK Locking - Elevation Range 3.75 – 4.85"
BT05-QK Locking - Elevation Range 4.80 – 5.85"
BT06-QK Locking - Elevation Range 5.70 – 6.85"

http://www.accu-shot.com/Stud_Mount_Monopod.php
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:33 pm
A Sako TRG Rail Adapter Kit is also available for use with PRM models...

BT29 -The Sako TRG Rail Kit comes complete and ready to install on your TRG stock. The kit allows for the installation of either the Accu-Shot BT12 or BT12-QK Precision Rail Monopods (BT12-QK is shown but not included).

Installation of the BT29 DOES require the temporary removal of the butt pad assembly and a second hole to be drilled, all of which can be accomplished with common hand tools. B&T Industries L.L.C. strongly recommends a competent Gunsmith install the BT29 TRG Rail Kit.

Like our other products, it’s constructed of the finest materials and built to the highest standards right here in the USA. Available in black only.

The BT12 and BT12-QK units are the only two monopods that work with the BT29 TRG rail kit.

B&T Industries L.L.C. strongly recommends a competent Gunsmith install the BT29 TRG Rail Kit.

Installation requires removal of the Butt Plate Base and Butt Plate Fastening Rail exposing the lower .50 ID frame tube. Remove any obstructions from this tube, insert the Bar Nut into the frame tube, using the long Guide Screw locate the Bar Nut hole furthest away from the Guide Screw under the stocks factory hole. Insert 10-32 x 3/4 screw through the hole in the widest portion of the Rail, threading into Bar Nut making sure the Rail is in-line with stock, mark location for second hole. Remove Rail and Bar Nut, drill a 13/64 (.203) DIA. hole, re-install Bar Nut, Rail, Cushion and fasteners.

http://www.accu-shot.com/catalog/produc ... ucts_id=81

Return to Product Review