MY HOME DEFENSE SETUP ON THE M37 "NEW MEMBER"

Anything and everything related to tactical and home defense use of firearms can be posted here.

Moderator: ripjack13

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:32 am
Pistol grip & laser/light mount with remote switches. Let me know what you think.
Attachments
2014-01-25 23.29.32.jpg
2014-01-25 23.29.32.jpg (158.89 KiB) Viewed 12316 times
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:01 pm
Welcome to the Ithaca Owners Forum !!

Semper Fidelis Marine !!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:38 pm
Love it did u have the sights put on by a gunsmith?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:22 am
Negative Nellie here….

I don't like being the interweb wicked witch spewing hatred, discord and negativity, but urge you to please rethink much of the choices there if that gun is to be used for "homeland security" purposes.

Just my two cents from a few years of… "working" where tools like this are needed every day. First, as much as we all love the M37, it is not a great idea to use one for defense given other options; the ability (or inability of the M37) to port load is a significant disadvantage to the M37. An 870 or 500/590 (or many other pump guns) are much better options. Not having a buttstock is a big disadvantage; any perceived advantage to not having one and using only a pistol grip is eclipsed by the control a buttstock lends to such a firearm. Bravo for having a light; single most important accessory to any home defense firearm; things usually go bad at night and humans don't see at night (without a light – or other accessories). But get rid of the light with a cord and switches and get something mounted securely to the forend. Heaven forbid any of us ever need to use such a tool at night, you will come to realize that no matter what light was available, it was NEVER enough and you WILL want more. High quality bright lights are a must! Get rid of the laser (and buy a stock). For the most part, lasers are a gimmick. Again, heaven forbid anyone ever have to use a tool like that to defend themselves, for most folks though just getting the gun into action, using the light, pointing the gun and pulling the trigger are all a lot to ask. Even the best trained folks can have a hard time with it. The laser is, for the most part useless and more stuff to get in your way.

One of the most important things (especially with an HD setup) is get out and shoot. You're wanting to be able to use that tool to defend yourself and family from another human being or animal, knowing it well is paramount. A lot can be learned from even the most simple shooting schools/classes. Find and take a basic shotgun class with that gun, you'll find all your own answers …we all always seem to.

Return to Tactical And Home Defense