M&P Home Defense Set Up

Anything and everything related to tactical and home defense use of firearms can be posted here.

Moderator: ripjack13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:46 pm
Nice work! ;)
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com
"No free man shall ever be procluded the use of arms."
Do right and fear nothing!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:20 am
cindynles wrote:I'm not sure about Blackhawk, but my Choate sidefolder has an attachment point for a single point sling by bolting a sling swivel to the top of the grip. I'm not quite ready to drill a hole into the stock yet. I want an option that I can take off if I'm not happy with it.

I think you are wise not to be be adding holes to the stock... maintains value if you should want to sell it later.

This is the sling I was referring to... http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=4496 ... ICAL-SLING.

It has a separate tab that attaches to the gun. It allows for a quick detach between the sling and the gun, and doesn't have any metal to make noise, or scratch the finish of your gun. The tab is pretty long allowing it to be wrapped around just about any part, and would certainly go around your folding stock behind the trigger guard and the stock, or your sling swivel.

Having used both shell holders for the side of the receiver and the stock, plastic receiver mounted ones cost a little more, but are superior in every way. They are much sturdier, do not lose elasticity so the shells fall out, allow the gun to be mounted on either side, and do not catch on uniform parts either.

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:20 pm
Here are some pictures of the M37 with the Choate side folding stock on it for those that are interested in how it looks.....

.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:16 pm
I gave up on the single point sling adaptor. I saw someone using a Spec-Ops Patrol sling at a match and ordered one. It works great and no drilling was required.

Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:08 pm
Let us know how you end up liking it over the long term.

Return to Tactical And Home Defense