Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight And Ultralight Shotgun

Moderator: ripjack13

Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:02 pm
http://ithacagun.com/featherlight.html
The M37 has gained the reputation of being an easy gun to handle and point, and its reliable bottom-eject action has long made it a favorite of both right and left handed shooters. At the new Ithaca Gun Company, we have brought a previously unknown level of precision and strength to the venerable Ithaca pump gun.

The new Ithaca upland gun comes in both Featherlight® (steel receiver) and Ultralight (aluminum receiver) configurations. The Ultralight is about a pound lighter than the Featherlight, which makes it a joy to carry on longer hunts. The Featherlight gun is available in 12 gauge, 16 gauge, 20 gauge, and 28 gauge. The Ultralight gun is available in 12 gauge and 20 gauge.

The new Model 37 Featherlight® and Ultralight feature

•A receiver that is machined from a single block of steel (or aluminum)

•Solderless Barrel System : strongest, truest barrel of any shotgun

•A lengthened forcing cone to reduce recoil and shot deformation

•Crisp 4-6lb. trigger pull

•The classic game scene engraving

•Choke threads that are machined true and straight (Briley Chokes)

•Fancy black walnut stock and forend

The new Ithaca upland shotgun sets itself apart from the pack in this crucial way: It has absolutely no soldering or other heat-induced joints. Our Ithaca SBS (Solderless Barrel System) vent rib barrel is the straightest, strongest barrel you can get because it is entirely a machined component--that means the barrel has never warped from heat and it does not require any corrective straightening. The attachment of the vent rib to the barrel is accomplished with a single screw, allowing easy replacement. This approach to barrel making also allows us to use a better grade of steel than what is commonly found on shotguns.

•Ithaca Model 37® Standard Game Scene Engraving

Originally drawn by Bill McGraw--perhaps the most well known of the Ithaca Gun Company factory engravers--the game scene above has graced the sides of Model 37® receivers since Ithaca started producing the gun in 1937. This game scene comes standard on all new Ithaca Featherlight® and Ultralight shotguns and is now precision machined to ensure uniform depth and position and a crisp overall appearance.

Featherlight® with Vent Rib Barrel

Featherlight® with Field Grade Barrel

[img]Ultralight%20with%20Vent%20Rib%20Barrel[/img]

[img]Ultralight%20with%20Field%20Grade%20Barrel[/img]

Rifled Barrel For Model 37 Uplands Combo Package

Ithaca Upland Combos come with all the features of the Upland Model 37, including your choice of 26”/28“/30” Barrel and a 24” Inch, 1:28 (12gauge), 1:24 (20gauge) Twist Rifled Barrel with Rifled Sights. This interchangeable barrel is a great package for all types of hunting. Available in 12 and 20 Gauge .

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:58 pm
I have two Ithaca Model 37 featherlights one which Is quite old, but unsure of the date and one which my guess is in the late 80's but still unsure of its age but would like to know. All I can say though is I have put many rounds through both of them and neither the old one or the newer one have given me even the slightest problem what so ever. Unfortunately I just put my first scratch on the newer one while putting it away after cleaning the other day, which would be it's first scratch in roughly thirty years. I just wanted to post that I am very proud to own a Ithaca and my only complaint would be that I wish it shot larger than 2 3/4 shells, but it sure does the job.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:21 pm
Hey Gordon1 if your unsure of the year of manufacture you can look at this link. Go to page 5 and it list the serial number range to the year it was made. It's right off ithacas website

http://www.ithacagun.com/pdfs/serialnumbers.pdf

Also welcome to Ithaca Owners!
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:00 pm
Howdy Gordon1! Welcome to the club. Did you find the age of your 37?
Former Admin

Return to Ithaca Model 37