Ithaca Model 37 Turkey Slayer Shotgun

Moderator: ripjack13

Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:18 pm
http://ithacagun.com/turkeyslayer.html
You spend hours sitting and calling that first Tom on opening day and he won't come any closer than 50 yards.

Not to worry with the Ithaca Turkey Slayer® 12 gauge, you can take the shot. The barrel is fixed to the receiver to create outstanding accuracy.

Quote "If it tears up a turkey like it tears up a paper target it will be good. It is a beautiful gun and holds an excellent, tight pattern".

The Turkey Slayer® features:

•A receiver that is machined from a single block of steel

•Solderless Barrel System: strongest, truest barrel of any shotgun

•A lengthened forcing cone to reduce recoil and shot deformation

•Crisp 4-6lb. trigger pull

See below for full features and specifications.

Turkey Slayer Features Features Benefits
3" Chamber Shoot 3" shells
Fixed barrel Superior accuracy
Briley Extended Ported Extra Full Choke Tubes, 6.75 diameter Superior patterning
Truglo® High visibility red fiber optic front sight High visibility red fiber optic sight standard
Choice of 3 kinds of stocks: Camo, Synthetic, or Thumbhole Comfortable shooting, outstanding durability
Pachmayr 752 Decelerator® Recoil Pad~black Superior kick-reducing properties
Lengthened Forcing Cone Reduces recoil and shot deformation
5 shot capacity (4+1) with red safety follower Quick follow-up shots
Includes gun and owners manual. Ithaca wants your Turkeyslayer® to last a long time and be used safely

Turkey Slayer® Specifications Stock Weight Length of Pull Drop at Comb Drop at Heel Overall Gun Length
Camo 7.6 Lbs 14.00" 1.375" 2.00" 44.25" with 24" barrel
Synthetic 7.6 Lbs 14.00" 1.375" 2.00" 44.25" with 24" barrel
Thumbhole 8.2 Lbs 14.25" 0.750" 1.125" 44.75" with 24" barrel

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:19 pm
My favorite turkey gun has always been an older Model 37/87 Turkey Slayer that came out in the late 1980's early 1990's. I had the trigger pull lightened to 3 pounds and had a 26 inch rifle sighted tubed barrel made by Ithaca in New York. That gun was/is a turkey killin' son of a gun. With a payload of Federal 2oz # 5's or Winchester 1 3/4oz 5's, she is good to 60 yards. But I call them in close and proceed to chop their heads off just like it is Thanksgiving!

This gun has never let me down. I am wanting to put some fancy walnut on it preferably a Monte Carlo w/ cheekpiece and a ringtailed forearm. It has to have an oil finish, limbsaver recoil pad, and sling swivels.

I can design you a super turkey special if you got the same desire that I have Ithaca....!!!!

Your friend....Elkcraz ;)
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:47 pm
Oh man...wouldn't it be nice if they actually called you up and said "Hey, we'd like to take you up on your offer. When can we meet to go over the details?"
Former Admin

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:17 pm
Yea, it would. I am always playing around customizing some gun for the hunting field. I've got three or four guns that are so awesome that I know not to sell them. My Ithaca is certainly one of them.

Good Huntin'..!! ELKCRAZ
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:33 pm
Welcome to the Ithaca Owners Forum elkcraz !!

When you find the time, please stop by our New Members Welcome area and introduce yourself to our community !! Thanks

.22LR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:04 am
Here's the new Ithaca Turkeyslayer in 20 gauge:
In descending order:
Mossy 835 with Trijicon relfex site, Knoxx Spec Ops recoil reducing stock, 8 lbs., 13 oz.
SBE with Aimpoint red dot, 8 lbs. 4 ozs.
Rem. 870 Super Exp. Mag, T/waterfowl 7 lbs., 1 oz. (3.5" 12 gauge)
Ithaca 20 gauge Turkeyslayer (2011) 7 lbs., 3 oz.
Mossy Super Bantam 20 gauge, Trijico reflex sight, Uncle Mike's slip on pad to increase LOP, Beartooth neoprene comb, PG .570 choke, sling removed, 6.5 lbs. as photographed as are all of the above weights.

Return to Ithaca Model 37