Ithaca Model 37 28 ga Featherlight Shotgun

Moderator: ripjack13

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:41 pm
There is one for sale on Auction Arms. AA version!

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:40 pm
Yes I saw that one as well.Nice looking shotgun.
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:04 pm
I like the Gold on the dogs, but it's a little too fancy for me...Just black and natural wood furniture for me...
Former Admin

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:38 am
I have an A grade I purchased new this past spring. What a sweet little shotgun,points like a magic wand. I shoot mainly sporting clays with it and am very impressed with the breaks ,hits very hard when I'm on the bird.
Impressed with the fit and finish of the gun, has a quality feel to it. I had my local gun shop order it in from the wholesaler and the gun shop owner who had never seen one of the new Ithaca's was also very impressed with how the gun looked and handled.
One concern I have had and not sure if I should contact Ithaca or not is problems feeding my reloads, factory AA's are fine but when I use reloaded AA's the shell being fed will drop out on ground,little puzzling as every measurement I take of the reload shows it to be very close to new.
Other than that I am very happy with the gun and really enjoy taking it out and using it, think I'm going to give one of their trap guns a try.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:36 am
Morrisonsfweb wrote:The Ithaca Model 37 has always been a sweet, fast-handing gun, but is has an important flaw: The action will fire even though the bolt is not locked forward. This is easy to test by releasing the action and sliding the bolt to the rear about one quarter of an inch. Release the safety and pull the trigger and watch the hammer push the action forward. I once investgated a hunting accident in which the model 37 discharged with the brass of a high velocity shell still exposed to the bottem ejection port. The brass was driven into the hunter's forearm. I sold my 37 shortly there after.

Is this problem connected to the 37's ability to slam fire? The action is not the same as it used to be - they changed that ca. 1975-1977.
Canadian Reload Radio - Canada's Premier Pro-Gun Podcast
Administrator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:28 am
I deleted that post... it's not true. it's just spam. that guys been here before, *(among other spammers) and on other forums posting the same exact thing on every single one.
Former Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:46 pm
Whew! I have my heart set on a new Featherlight some time in the new year. I was kind of worried. :D
Canadian Reload Radio - Canada's Premier Pro-Gun Podcast
Administrator
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:22 pm
I have a featherlight and I'm refinishing it at the moment. If you get one, you will not be disappointed at all.
Former Admin

Return to Ithaca Model 37