Another gooder'un

Moderator: LAZY EYED SNIPER

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:41 am
Here's another golden oldie! This is from back in the day when a working man, who needed a real working knife could go down to the hardware store and buy that working knife for less than a day's wages. Now you can still buy a hard working knife, they ain't as easy to find, they cost big money too.

But this dandy from back in the day (61-77) is still getting the job done with fine carbon steel and strong springs. Now showing...... Western 742 stockman!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (196.04 KiB) Viewed 8942 times

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:18 am
Knives like that bring back boyhood memories when a pocket knife was considdered a prize possesion! Remember the days when every working man and his son had a perminent impression and white wear mark on the hip pocket of their jeans? You could almost tell what kind of knife they carried without ever seeing it! :D

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:00 pm
I know what you're talking about. Fortunately I live in a rural area, and most all the men and boys still pack knives, and a fair chunk of the women folk too.

I'm a teacher and the pencil sharpener in my room isn't the greatest, you could chew a point on your pencil faster than it'll sharpen. So my kids are in the habit of bringing me their pencil to sharpen the old way for them. Lol!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:31 pm
That is a vintage pocketknife Colonel...thanks for sharing the photo !

Return to Knives