Rare / Custom Blades

Moderator: LAZY EYED SNIPER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:38 pm
Show us your rare or custom made knives...
"We live in a society of wolves. You do not fight back by creating more sheep."
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:39 pm
Here's one I've had since I was a kid. It was bought off a local knife peddler. Not much information on it other than it's old and it was made in Spain in their signature bull horn style. I've always thought it was really cool...

Blade length: 9.5"
OAL: 21.75"
"We live in a society of wolves. You do not fight back by creating more sheep."
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:57 pm
Real nice find Sniper...

That is a 18th century style Curro folding knife made for generations by the Muela family of Spain. It utilizes a thumb catch atop the handle for unlocking the blade. Those knives usually have genuine Bullhorn or Red Stag antler for the handle materials with Moly-Vanadium stainless steel blades. The etching on the blade is really unique...and contains the word Toledo.

Toledo has been a traditional sword-making, steel-working center since about 500 BC, and came to the attention of Rome when used by Hannibal in the Punic Wars. Soon, it became a standard source of weaponry for Roman Legions.

Toledo steel was famed for its very high quality alloy, whereas Damascene steel, a competitor from the Middle Ages on, was famed for a specific metal-working technique.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:58 pm
One of my favorites...

Hen & Rooster Bowie...16" of steel from Toledo, Spain...genuine stag grip.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:58 pm
I really like the looks of this one...wicked blade, yet spartan in design.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:00 pm
Have many more blades...mostly folders, some fixed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:01 pm
Knuck-knives

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:14 pm
Here's a Colt Custom knife from the Franklin Mint that my wife got me for my 40th birthday...among other presents from that day.... ;)

Pictured on the handle is a Colt Thunderer Model 1877...one of the first double action revolvers that Colt ever made. The Thunderer was chambered in .41 Colt, while the other two pistols in that line, the Lightning and the Rainmaker, were chambered in .38 Colt and .32 Colt respectively.

Old West Outlaw John Wesley Hardin frequently used both Lightning and Thunderer versions of the Colt 1877 revolver. Likewise the 1877 Thunderer in .41 caliber was the preferred weapon of Billy the Kid and was his weapon of choice when he was killed by Pat Garrett in 1881.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:15 pm
Here's another Colt sanctioned blade from my collection...this one commemorating the AR15 semi-automatic rifle.

The AR-15 is based on the 7.62 mm AR-10, designed by Eugene Stoner of the Fairchild ArmaLite corporation. The AR-15 was developed as a lighter, 5.56 mm version of the AR-10. The "AR" in AR-15 comes from the ArmaLite name. ArmaLite's AR-1, AR-5, and some subsequent models were bolt action rifles, the AR-7 a semiautomatic survival rifle and there are shotguns and pistols whose model numbers also include the "AR" prefix.

ArmaLite sold its rights to the AR-10 and AR-15 to Colt in 1959. After a tour by Colt of the Far East, the first sale of AR-15s were made to Malaysia on 30 September 1959 with Colt's manufacture of their first 300 AR-15s in December 1959. Colt marketed the AR-15 rifle to various military services around the world, including the U.S. Navy, Air Force, Army, and Marine Corps. The AR-15 was eventually adopted by the United States military under the designation M16. However, Colt continued to use the AR-15 trademark for its semi-automatic variants which were marketed to civilian and law-enforcement customers.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:27 pm
Here is an unusual find...a spring assisted folder honoring the Автомат Калашникова образца 1974 года or "Kalashnikov automatic rifle model 1974...better know as the AK-74.

This assault rifle was developed in the early 1970s in the Soviet Union as the replacement for the earlier AKM (itself a refined version of the AK-47). It uses a smaller intermediate cartridge, the 5.45x39mm, replacing the 7.62x39mm chambering of earlier Kalashnikov-pattern weapons.

The rifle first saw service with Soviet forces engaged in the Afghanistan conflict. Presently, the rifle continues to be used by the majority of countries of the former USSR. Additionally, unlicensed copies were produced in Bulgaria (AK-74 and AKS-74U), the former East Germany (MPi-AK-74N, MPi-AKS-74N, MPi-AKS-74NK) and Romania (PA md. 86). Beside former Soviet republics and eastern European countries, Mongolia, North Korean Special Forces, and Vietnamese People's Naval infantry use AK-74s.

Here is the original box...shaped like an AK-74 magazine, complete with Tula Arsenal Star Proof Mark.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:06 pm
This is the knife my wife gave me for our anniversary, it is very cherished.
It was made by Chase Atkin of Chax Knives, in Long Lake, NY.

Moose antler handle and its cm154
Attachments
IMG_119518832.jpg
IMG_119518832.jpg (20.11 KiB) Viewed 24573 times
Vendor
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:28 pm
That is pretty cool! nice shape and lines of the blade.
--Jim

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:35 am
Thanks, thats what I said also,...love the cut into the point of the blade,...he is an amazing bench knife maker.
Vendor
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:50 am
Krohnage wrote:Thanks, thats what I said also,...love the cut into the point of the blade,...he is an amazing bench knife maker.

You aren't whistling dixie. That is some really great work.
--Jim

Return to Knives