A Concerned Citizens Letter To Congress...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:56 pm
Remember that powerful sheet of parchment called the United States Constitution...that this great country of ours was founded on...the one YOU swore to uphold !?

Remember the subsequent amendments called the Bill of Rights !?

Originally there were just ten of them...the 1st protecting our freedom of speech...the one that allows us to question the government WE THE PEOPLE elected...the same people YOU serve...

Let's look at the 2nd Amendment...

As passed by the Congress in Pennsylvania December 15, 1791.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

MORE GUN LAWS WILL NOT PREVENT TRAGEDIES LIKE THE MASS SHOOTINGS IN THE NEWS RECENTLY...BUT ONE LEGALLY ARMED AND VIGILANT CITIZEN COULD HAVE PREVENTED ALL OF THEM.

PLEASE DO NOT PASS MORE FEEL GOOD LEGISLATION AS IT DOES NOTHING TO PREVENT CRIME, IT ONLY SERVES TO DISARM THE GOOD CITIZENS OF THIS NATION AND LEAVES THEM AT THE MERCY OF MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE WHO WOULD DO THEM HARM.

Sincerely,

A CONCERNED U.S. CITIZEN...
VOTER...
TAXPAYER...
LOYAL AMERICAN...
FAMILY MAN...
& LEGALLY ARMED CITIZEN

Your message was sent to:

President Barack Obama (D)
Senator Bob Casey (D-PA)
Senator Patrick J. Toomey (R-PA)
Representative Allyson Y. Schwartz (D-PA 13th)

=========================

Copy & Paste my letter if you like, or compose your own...but do it NOW...before it is too late !!

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mai ... 26&type=ML

=========================
Administrator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:11 pm
Thanks...doing it now...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:04 pm
Thanks Doc !!

You would be surprised how many people can't be bothered to take 5 minutes to protect their own rights...

it's just like election time, people don't vote then complain when they don't like what happens after...too late then !!

Wake up people...this president is trampling your rights !!

Contact your so called representatives and tell them NO to gun control !!!!!
Vendor
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:31 am
100,000 people just joined the NRA. If I read the teas leaves right, there is a brewing storm coming if they actually manage to pass any new control laws. (notice I didn't say "gun control")
--Jim
Administrator
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:32 pm
This is the one I have been sending out....
==============================================================

The man who stood and slaughtered innocent children face-to-face is now being described as "disturbed" and "mentally ill," and while I'll not deny that he was all those things, I submit to you that such a vile act could have only been hatched and orchestrated from the very pits of hell itself.

Of course the well meaning but naive people who believe the problem lies in the private ownership of firearms are out there beating the drum, while those whose purposes are not as noble are leading the way and self-serving politicians are coming out of the woodwork just itching to pass another meaningless piece of feel-good legislation that will mean about as much to illegal gun owners as the ones on the books now.

Our problem is not a lack of gun laws; we have enough now to paper the south wall of the Grand Canyon, we just need to enforce them.

How about we start at the top by forcing Eric Holder to tell the truth about Fast and Furious.

How about we bust the people who deal guns out of the trunk of their cars on inner city street corners?

How about the Obama administration setting an example about how it should be done by cleaning up his "hometown" of Chicago, a city with some of the toughest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. Where law-abiding citizens can't buy a handgun for protection, but street thugs have no problem at all.

I will be the first to admit that, like in every other business, there are unscrupulous gun dealers who do things they know are wrong and put guns in the hands of people who will either use them offensively or sell them to others who will.

They should be identified and put out of business, period.

I am aware there are areas that need cleaning up, but another un-enforced law is not going to make any difference.

With the greatest of respect and deference I would like to address those who think that doing away with the private ownership of guns is the answer to our problems.

The people who are causing the most problems did not obtain their firearms by legal means. They were bought off the thriving black market after being stolen or otherwise illegally obtained for resale.

Selling guns on the street is a felony already, how much more illegal can you make it?

Will another law or gaggle of laws stop illicit gun trafficking?

Have they stopped illicit heroin trafficking?

Have they even stopped human trafficking?

The truth of the matter is that a law is no more potent that the will to enforce it, and as long as the courts continue turning violent criminals back out on the street, as long as parole boards take only a cursory look at the mental health of the parolees, as long as we continue to tie the hands of the men and women who stand between us and the jungle and try to tell them how to do a job so dangerous that we can't possibly comprehend it or the split second decisions between life and death they have to make on a regular basis, we will continue our descent into chaos.

We've got to somehow get past the cosmetic, "look at us, aren't we wonderful” superficial and meaningless media-happy flaccid efforts and do something fruitful.

Does anybody really believe that the gun buy backs do anything except get the Saturday night specials and other junk off the street and make a down payment on a more sophisticated illegal weapon.

Politicians can pass laws from now until the end of time and if they're not applied and enforced to take the people who are actually doing the killing out of society, it will make absolutely no difference.

The first thing I was taught about guns was safety and responsibility. I have never shot anything with them but animals and targets, and I am in the vast majority of legal gun owners.

Gun owners like me are not the problem and taking our guns away will not reduce gun crime, but increase it, as criminals realize they're the only game in town and rob businesses and invade homes at will.

Why do you think they pick schools and other vulnerable places to start with? They know nobody can shoot back at them.

Think about it, (INSERT NAME HERE). We need to back off, cool off and make some rational decisions and soon, before our constitutional rights fall into the hands of an unpredictable Supreme Court that seems to be more concerned with the legacy of the court than the welfare of the American people.

Sincerely,
XXXXXX

===========================================================================

;)
Former Admin
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:28 pm
Awesome ripjack, thanks for sharing !!

We all need to bombard our representatives...because it not about how they feel on the subject...it about how they represent us and say how WE feel on the subject...a caveat I always remind them of is...

I pay Taxes...

I Vote...

I Voted for you...

And I put YOU in office to represent ME !!
Vendor
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 am
I keep asking the gun grabbers that in 2009, 46,000 people are known to have contracted the HIV virus. Why aren't they screaming about that. they never get back to me.

I also ask if they would have felt better if Lanza used pipe bombs made from match heads and full propane tanks. They never answer that either.
--Jim
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:38 am
NY is going very poorly right now...
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:09 am
ravengunsmith wrote:I keep asking the gun grabbers that in 2009, 46,000 people are known to have contracted the HIV virus. Why aren't they screaming about that. they never get back to me.

I also ask if they would have felt better if Lanza used pipe bombs made from match heads and full propane tanks. They never answer that either.

All they need to do is make a law against owning matches or regulate it to just owning 1 match and have restrictions on propane to only owning 1/2 liter of propane.

And then make having sex illegal. That should get rid of all future morons.....
Former Admin

Return to Firearms Related