Ohio state shoot

Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:42 am
I was wondering if anyone is planning to attend the Ohio state trap shoot in Marengo at the end of June?
After spending 9 days at Friendship, we are out of extra vacation days, but will be going over on Sat afternoon after a club shoot in the morning.
Looking forward to seeing the folks from Ithaca in the booth. Might even drag my Fletcher Special along, too. :D
A flash in the pan, a puff of smoke, and a prayer to the great Lord on high...

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:28 pm
BP if you go and talk to those Ithaca folks see if you can't talk them into building a decent $2500 or less sxs with the lines and feel of those old guns. I'd love to have one.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:52 am
Want to see if we can push them on the Phoenix, but will try and talk a little SxS, as well. :D

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:02 pm
BP, saw your post over on SGW, I hate to hear that. I wish to goodness that they'd get the Phoenix done and on the market. Just my opinion, but they should have kept it quite for longer until they were closer to getting it released. I think they built up a lot of hope in folks only to let them down by dragging it out. I hope they get this straightened out.

I'd still like to see a .410 model 37 and a good side by side. Hopefully we will.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:46 am
I agree, Colonel.
The guy in the booth gave me the impression that he just didn't want to talk about it - his only interests were the plastic-stocked mod.37's.
Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, 'cause he might have had a bad day, but I walked out of there as disappointed as I've ever been. Maybe it's just because we had so high hopes in what they could be. :?

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:39 am
Likely as not he had directions from above not to talk about it.

I'm not a big fan on plastic stocks. I have one that is plastic and it serves it's purpose, oh and an Ithaca with a plastic stock and wood forearm that needs correcting eventuality. But unfortunately that seems to be the way the market is going. Hopefully it's just a fad.

Return to East North Central