What would you like to see from Ithaca Gun Company?

This is the place to post anything and everything related to the functional aspects of this site.
Administrator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:53 pm
What would you like to see from Ithaca Gun Company?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:49 pm
I think some very simple changes could go a long way...

For example, the "Ladies" stock with the short LOP could easily be renamed. The Ithaca "Tactical" stock or simply the "short LOP" or "12" LOP stock". There are many advantages to guys like me of average build where the standard LOP is too much. In the colder and winter, with heavy clothes when alot of hunting is done. On the tactical side of things, a shorter LOP is great with a LBV or modular vest, even a shooting vest. These kinds of clothing are worn for competition by civies, not just LEO and military. So rather than marketing the "Ladies" stock, go ahead and inform the buyers of the benefits not just to ladies and youth shooters, but from the hunting end, or for a home owner that needs a shorter and quicker pointing firearm, or guys like me who are of average build and find themselves really stretching to achieve a proper shooting stance with a 14" + LOP.

Hard to sell a guy a "Ladies" short LOP stock! ;)
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com
"No free man shall ever be procluded the use of arms."
Do right and fear nothing!

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:32 am
An ultralight 28 gauge Model 37 would be nice.Also a nice light weight 28 gauge double would be great.

.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:44 pm
I would like to see the grooved, beavertail type forend, like those Ithaca offered in the 50s and 60s, as an option on the new model 37s.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:48 am
An extension to the rear of the forend would be nice.Especially for those with shorter arms. :)
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:21 pm
I think they should work with Blackhawk and come up with a tactical stock with the recoil reduction system. And if they really wanted to be innovative they could come up with a traditional style stock with a recoil reduction system. That would be a bestseller guaranteed.
Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag
Ithaca Model 37
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:26 pm
Ripjack, I think youre right about the aftermarket stocks. A large part of that is up to folks like BlackHawk who will do the R&D when there is significant interest in a particular firearm.. Sort of a catch 22 when aftermarket support helps drive interest...

But hopefully with the forum we can affect someof that! ;)
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:18 am
I will be contacting BlackHawk shortly :)

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:40 am
I would LOVE to see the Model 51 semi-auto back in production. This was a great gun and I believe there is a place in the market, if the price point isn't prohibitive.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:58 am
Archer wrote:I would LOVE to see the Model 51 semi-auto back in production. This was a great gun and I believe there is a place in the market, if the price point isn't prohibitive.

I'd like to see this too! Especially supported with a couple different barrel options, and perhaps one in the 20" range, maybe a 22" vent rib? and a threaded magazine tube for magazine extensions like Nordic Comp for example! A guy could have a decent competition gun! ;)
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com
Next

Return to Ithaca Owners Site Support