Ithaca Owners is looking for moderators...

http://www.RemingtonOwners.com
Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:41 am
We here at Ithaca Owners are beginning to look for sub-forum moderators. If you are interested please pm me and we can go from there. Each moderator can be assigned to up to 4 sub-forums. Below is a list of our expectations and responsibilities.

Following is a brief rundown of what is generally expected of a moderator here at http://www.ithacaowners.com

A moderator should be knowledgeable and practiced within the realm that they moderate. Which simply means... in order to assist members, you need to be familiar with that form in order to give ideas and suggestions.

A moderator should also work to keep the site running smoothly... enforcing the Board Rules of Conduct, solving problems, and answering any questions that members may have regarding the site, it's policies, and procedures.

A moderator should work to promote interest and participation within their forum... this can be with challenges, exercises, or anything else that would increase the creative response of members.

A moderator should promote the site and help in the recruitment of new members.

Above all, since this is a volunteer gig, a moderator should enjoy helping people. Having fun and enjoying what you do is a requirement.

We strive to make this a productive, pleasant, and stimulating atmosphere--and we hope that you will add to that spirit.

Staff Powers and Responsibilities

A. Powers

A moderator, super-moderator, or administrator is allowed to use the powers allowed in their account to the full extent necessary. Using your powers in ways detrimental to the board, unfairly harmful to a member, or breaking the rules while using your power is an abuse of power. Being able to see Invisible members online or the ability to ban people within reason is NOT abuse of power. Banning for no reason or for personal conflicts can be abuse of power. If a staff member is found to be abusing power, they will be issued either a warning, a strike, be put on probation as a staff member, or lose their position all together.

B. Confidential Information

Information and discussion posted in private staff discussion forums is to REMAIN confidential. It is posted in private staff areas for a reason. Staff is NOT having parties or gossiping about other members behind the members' backs. They discuss such things as board issues and what to do about policies. Any staff member found to be leaking information will be issued either a warning, a strike, be put on probation as a staff member, or lose their position all together.

C. Responsibilities

If you are on the staff, you are expected to do your part. If there is an issue in your section of the board, please deal with it. If assistance is needed, notify another staff member and ask for help. If you are not willing to do your job, there is no reason for you to be on staff.

If it sounds like you will be a great addition to our team, Once you get to a required 50 post count, we can set you up with a moderator role if all goes well.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:17 pm
Hope you find some good guys to help ya out! Good luck!
Administrator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:40 pm
Thanks!

.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:51 pm
Please contact me regarding moderator. I am very much interested.

Thanks !
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:42 pm
Welcome to the Ithaca Owners Forum blackfootmigrator !!

When you get a chance, let us know what kind of firearms you own and post up some pics of them !!
Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:41 pm
pm sent, you need to have 5 posts before you can start pming back.

.22LR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:11 am
Thanks , this looks to be a forum that will entertain and help a lot of people !

.22LR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:13 am
Hello Shooter,

I will certainly get some pictures of my firearms. As of right now, I only have my Model 37, a T/C .56 Cal Renegade, My gandads 16 ga. Stevens, and a 12 ga. Beretta Xtrema 2.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:15 am
Welcome to Ithaca and to the team!
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com
"No free man shall ever be procluded the use of arms."
Do right and fear nothing!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:10 pm
blackfootmigrator wrote:Hello Shooter,

I will certainly get some pictures of my firearms. As of right now, I only have my Model 37, a T/C .56 Cal Renegade, My gandads 16 ga. Stevens, and a 12 ga. Beretta Xtrema 2.

=========================================================

Looking forward to that my friend...!! ;)

=========================================================

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:27 pm
DHonovich wrote:Thanks!

I am interested in becoming a moderator. I have knowlwdge with the 12 & 16ga. deerslayer.
There's a place on Earth for all Gods animals...right next to the mashed potatoes!
Administrator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:21 pm
PM sent!

Return to Remington Owners