+++ TRIGGERS +++ Series Thread

Have something you want to post that is non-Ithaca related? This is the place to post your work safe related material.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:57 am
DVR ALERT

The Military Channel will be hosting a new series called TRIGGERS this Wednesday night ( November 30th ) at 10pm EST. It's mandate is to provide a historical documentary on the "weapons that have changed the world". The premiere episode will cover the M1911...

I look forward to hearing everyone's comments on tonights and all the future episodes here in this thread.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://military.discovery.com/tv-schedu ... paid=41519

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Administrator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:15 am
I have the series recorded on dvr, so i'll be checking it out after it's recorded so i can skip the useless commercials....

I like what i have seen so far, it's not bad.
Former Admin
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:00 pm
Well...I checked out the first episode...and, well...not really sure if I like it yet !!

The host, Wil Willis is kinda gee wilikers...like he knows a little, but is being schooled by the guests.

It's a cross between Mail Call ( material ), Top Shot ( camera angles, slow-mo, shoot-outs ), but without a good host like say... Mack from Weaponology, who definitely knows his stuff.

It was entertaining...a little, with the historical re-enactments thrown in.

I'll give it a C+ or on a scale of one to ten...a solid 5 !!

What say you guys...!?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:09 pm
Just watched the second installment of this series...this time the featured weapon was the M1 Garand.

The host is still too "deer in the headlights" for me, not bringing any real expertise to the table, but the content was a little better...even though it didn't really flesh out the topic to any extent. Just more helter skelter running around with shootouts that didn't prove much.

You would think that the M1 Garand could be explored more in depth... ;)

Return to Work Safe