== Top Guns== History Channel

Have something you want to post that is non-Ithaca related? This is the place to post your work safe related material.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:13 pm
Just going through my DVR to clean up space when I came across a show that I recorded but forgot to watch...

Top Guns...with Top Shot host Colby Donaldson. It was on the History Channel Wednesday night @10pm EST. The show I just watched was pretty good...comparing apples and oranges...and bananas.

It featured the M14...the M1 Carbine...and the Mosin-Nagant. Gun rag writer and historian Garry James was also on board, as was another guy who had an impressive resume'.

Anyway...long story short...they gave a brief history of each firearm then shot them to give each a "report card" on accuracy, and things of that nature...then at the end the host and his two guests each picked a rifle and had a small contest.

The next show will be airing this Wednesday...looks to be another good one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Awesome. Sounds like something to tune in for. I regret not setting the dvr now.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:23 pm
Well, just watched episode #2 of Top Guns on H2 ( History Channel ) which premiered Wednesday at 10pm EST on my DVR.

This week's firearms were the Browning Automatic Rifle, the Steyr AUG, and the FNH PS90. A pretty diverse selection...

Same premise...have two guests ( Navy SEAL Sniper and another equally proficient marksman ) and host Colby Donaldson rated each one and then select one firearm per man and they shoot for bragging rights. Informative is the word I would use...

Good show...anyone else watch ?!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:04 am
Just watched episode #3 of Top Guns and showcased this week were the shotguns just used in episode #3 of Top Shot, the Benelli M4, Vinci, and Nova...

Colby was joined by Chris Tucker and Jay Lim...both who were challengers on Top Shot in the past seasons. Chris and Jay put all the shotguns through their paces and then each was used by the host and two guests to have an informal shoot-out.

Anyone else see the show...?!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:58 pm
Episode #4 debuts tonight at 10PM EST...

Tonight's program is showcasing the pistols of Smith & Wesson...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:34 pm
Finally watched episode #5 of Top Guns...featuring the Kentucky Flintlock pistol, the Colt SAA, and the H&K USP Tactical 45.

Pretty good show...I personally own a Colt SAA, and it is a pleasure to shoot.

Anyone else see the "Pirates & Patriots" show on Wednesday 3/14/12...?!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:14 pm
Got a chance to watch Top Guns episode #6 called Blades of Steel, where Jack Dagger, the King of Fling, brings out the knives and tomahawks to show Colby and a NY cop how to stick a target. The prehistoric Atlatl gives everyone a challenge...and in the final contest Jack throws knives and hawks blindfolded.

Does anyone here ever practice with throwing knives and axes...!?

I myself do it regular...got a few choice log slices that I sanded and sealed, put a few eye hooks in to hang from a nearby tree, and toss my throwing knives and axes, and even a sharpened shovel at it at different intervals ( feet / yards ) away.

The trick is to use the same spot for the amount of revolutions needed to hit & stick the target at a given distance. Good eye / hand coordination training...

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:04 pm
could and did throw knives , but it wasn't somehing i put alot of effort into.

but throwing ice picks ,,,thats diffrent.
threw icepicks thousands of times ,we used to play dart games with ice picks

cricket..
few others but mainly them 2

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:05 pm
Knife and tomahawy throwing has been a staple at Friendship and on the rendezvous circuit.
Never did try it blindfolded, though. :o
A flash in the pan, a puff of smoke, and a prayer to the great Lord on high...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:47 pm
Just viewed episode #7 of Top Guns...

Eleven time national shooting champion Robert Vogel gives a master class on three .22 caliber weapons: the Browning Buckmark, the Volquartsen 10/22 and the Ruger Mark II. Marksman and former federal air marshal Chris Cerino gets some trigger time, and host Colby Donaldson faces stiff competition in the final shoot off.

Anybody here own any of these fine .22's...?!

I myself own a Browning Buckmark...it's spot on for tack drivin' !!

Return to Work Safe