My woodworking projects

Have something you want to post that is non-Ithaca related? This is the place to post your work safe related material.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:12 pm
ripjack13 wrote:I have the Polar series/model. Its cheaper cuz its white. Why idk...

http://www.grizzly.com/products/14-1-HP ... es-/G0555P

Thats the one I got....

Those racist jerks! :lol:

Thanks for the link!
I honestly believe that if he were alive today, John Wayne would kill Chuck Norris with his bare hands!
Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:19 am
Hahahahahaaa...hey. thats not right. ;)
Former Admin

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:16 pm
Very very nice. I wish I had that kind of artistic talent.
Administrator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:35 pm
Time and patience is all it takes...
Former Admin
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:01 am
ripjack13 wrote:Hahahahahaaa...hey. thats not right. ;)

:mrgreen:

krag96 wrote:Very very nice. I wish I had that kind of artistic talent.

Thank you! I appreciate that.

ripjack13 wrote:Time and patience is all it takes...

Nailed it. Just takes time. Time, and two sets of tools. One good set for woodworking, one bad set to throw across the shop from time to time.
I honestly believe that if he were alive today, John Wayne would kill Chuck Norris with his bare hands!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:09 pm
Just reviewed this whole thread...and all I can say is:

AWESOME !!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:54 pm
Thank you Shooter, I appreciate that. I will post up some recent pics... did a little more work on the bar top, for one.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:30 pm
Here are a few more of my projects. This is the start of a wooden duck decoy.
This little guy will be a mallard.

This is a Canadian goose. I am still working on the body and neck.

I made this boot jack for me to use, but recently Tiffany has been using it a lot more than me. I used a pair of brass shells to cover the screws). I distressed and burned the jack to give it an old rustic look.

And the bar. It has been fitted with 1/2" plywood that will serve as the backing for the stone stack. The bar will have stone on the face and two sides, and logs on the corners as well as the top and bottom frame.

Each wine cubby has two of these flush mounted pod lights that shine down on the bottles.

Here is the centerpiece of the bar top. You can't tell from the pics, but you can see a lot of depth in the river. Before I cast the water and frost/white caps, I laid in some dirt and rocks in the bed of the river, which can be seen in person. Gives it a much more realistic look in person.

And the bear scene. The rocks are actually part of the bar top that I carved.

This deer scene is on the left hand side of the top.

And the mallard scene in the upper left hand corner. It will soon have a piece of Eastern Red Cedar laminated in the background for the sky, as the center piece has.

And here is my winter project, once I get the other projects done. It is a Kentucky Long Rifle that I am making out of select grade wood. I have blued the barrel and case hardened the lock (percussion cap). I am also working on a toilet paper holder, that should be finished in a few weeks.

Well, there it is. Please feel free to leave me feedback, good or bad. Thanks for looking!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:41 pm
Oops, I forgot a few things.

This is a cookbook stand that I made for Tiffany. When not in use, it folds up and stores with the cookbooks. On the side is engraved "How To Hold A Book" "by Rob Poston".

This was the start of the carving on the bar top. Scary to think of setting something I spent so much time in on fire. :mrgreen:

And this is the start of a clock that I am making out of red oak.

Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:49 pm
Holy moly! Those are works of art!!
Former Admin
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:03 am
Thank you, Ripjack! Few things relax me, but woodworking does the trick (usually).
Previous

Return to Work Safe