Hello from Virginia

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Moderator: ripjack13

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:15 am
Just found this website and forum. I own an Ithaca 12 gauge double barrel shotgun that was won in a turkey shoot in the 1920's by my grandfathsr in N.J. The serial number indicates that it was manufactured in 1923. I know that the L.C. Smith association will issue a certification attesting to the year of manufacture and name of the person/business that the firearm was first shipped to. Does anyone know if the same type of certification can be obtained on an old Ithaca? Thanks. Looking forward to reading in this forum.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:56 am
Welcome to the Ithaca Owners Forum sir !!

If you are referring to the "letters" issued by manufacturers like Colt and the aforementioned L.C. Smith, I would contact the source...Ithaca Firearms.

http://www.ithacagun.com/contact.html

http://www.ithacagun.com/pdfs/serialnumbers.pdf

Hope this helps...

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:18 pm
Shooter 13,
Thanks greatly for the information. I will give that a try.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:28 pm
No problem...!!

Let us know what you find out...
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:56 pm
Ithaca dosent have that info anymore.
the biggest source of old records and the owner of the surviving logs is walt Snyder.
he goes by the name of ithacanut on shotgun world.

while he cannot "certificate" a gun if he has it in his records he can tell you who it was bought by and where it was shipped too and jobbers notes if any on the order

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:29 pm
Twistedoak,
Thank you very much for the information. Thought you might be interested in the response I received from the Ithaca Gun Company via email today. A representative responded:

"When the assets of Ithaca Gun Company were sold off in N.Y. in 2005, we obtained neither the old company records nor the specs and records for each individual gun Ithaca Gun Company sold up to that point in time. We do not know who-if anyone-received this information."

I will try to contact Walt Snyder. Thanks again.
Administrator
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:06 am
Howdy, I'm bumping up old posts to see if I can get our members back on the forum...
Welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere...

:ugeek:
Former Admin

Return to New Member Welcome Area