Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Moderator: ripjack13

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:16 pm
My screen name is coined after my first Ithaca firearm, a Model 37 20 ga., which I purchased just yesterday! Sweet. :mrgreen:

The avatar was the first one that met the ridiculously miniscule file size requirements. :D

.22LR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:55 pm
I haven't found an avatar that I like, at least one that I can post here. As for the name, well...
I used to cook lunches for our monthly shoots at a small trap/skeet club (closed now, sadly) near Victorville, Ca. We had one member who was constantly asking what I put in whatever I was cooking, I think his religious beliefs changed fairly often, most likely whenever he obtained a new girlfriend. Being an accommodating guy, I would tell him the ingredients. One Sunday, he caught me in a less-than-friendly mood (hangover most likely), and he asked what was in the (beef) stew I was cooking up. I told him that it was a roadkilled coyote that I had scraped up from highway 395 on the way to the club. His jaw dropped a foot! A friend overheard that, and pointed at me and yelled "Roadkill Bill!". The name stuck, it is embroidered on the back of my shooting vest.
I sure do miss that little club, we had some great times. One of the few clubs where I have seen the trap and skeet shooters get along well.
Cheers,
Bill

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:20 pm
No avitar yet, my name comes from living back in the woods. Everything is dirty.seems like whatever I do, I get filthy dirty, evenif I'm working on something shiny and new. And I'm getting older than I feel. Therefor it makes me a muddyoldman. Dirty old man sounds perverted.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:39 am
Hi, My screen name is based on my Black Lab pup's name "Dillinger" and my favorite "Semi" the model 51. No avatar at present
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:29 pm
Welcome to the Ithaca Owners Forum Dillenger51 !!

Which Ithaca firearm do you own and enjoy...?!
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:55 am
Pretty simple really, I owned a 59 impala convertible for a whole 2 weeks! It was a basket case that was bought with my heart not my head and I lost £3000 in that two weeks. The experience has never left me though and one day I shall have another! A bit like model 37's in the shotgun world, the 59 impala in my opinion is the king of American auto design.
Vendor
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:17 am
Impala's were certainly one of the best looking cars of the age. My Mom worked for an Oldsmobile dealership so we had a blue 88.
--Jim
Previous

Return to New Member Welcome Area