Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Moderator: ripjack13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:53 pm
Your right, the quality keeps them functioning for many generations, and I guess being from New England, Ithaca was the choice. My Dad thought of that gun in a very special way, it was his first new gun, and his first gift from his wife, my soon to be Mom. I bought mine when I completed hunter safety at 15, had to have one like Dad, 16 gauge. A friend here in MO had never seen one, guess we will have to talk it up a bit.
Making a Difference For Wildlife, One Acre At A Time

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:11 pm
twin_rotor = two rotor, Wankle design, adopted by Mazda :)

Havn't had the erge to make any of my avatars smaller yet..

My great grandfather also lived in New England. He bought my Model 49 for the same reason I still use it; its light, shoots shorts-LR and will kill any rabbit/squirll you point it at. lol
.22LR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:13 am
I am a huge Lord of the Rings fan and Gandalf is of course a main guy in that series. I can't figure out how to get a avatar that meets the pixel requirements so if you know how to do that, please send me a PM.

Thanks
Look to my coming at first light on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:31 pm
I'll most likely post an avatar soon, and it may be my favorite "Krag" U.S. M1896 rifle. Which pretty much explains my user name also, I just love those old Krags!
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:00 pm
Howdy fellas. Thanx for posting up your stories. I like reading about the way you guys (& girls) come up with the names. And the pix you have are cool too. Getting the right size is little bit of a challenge. An easy way to find one that fits is to use google images for 90x90 avatars.
Former Admin

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:28 pm
I've always liked the '96 Krag myself, although I've never had the opportunity to own one.
Smoothest military bolt action ever - almost as sweet as a Win. Mod.70!
A flash in the pan, a puff of smoke, and a prayer to the great Lord on high...

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:36 pm
BPskeeter wrote:I've always liked the '96 Krag myself, although I've never had the opportunity to own one.
Smoothest military bolt action ever - almost as sweet as a Win. Mod.70!

They lend themselvs quite well to shooting heavy cast bullets, almost as though the cartridge was made for it. That's all I shoot in my Krags, either Lyman 311299, or RCBS 308180FN. Either are accurate and deadly with IMR4227.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:06 pm
My screen name is Phoneman1. I picked that because I worked at ATT for 31 years. I own a Ithaca 37 and a Minier both are 12 gauge. I came to join due to my recent acquesition of the Minier. I'd like to find a schematic for the Minier and any owner manual or gunsmith information/reprints that are available. For the purpose of cleaning and maintenance of the Minier. Also I'd like to learn as much as I can about this shotgun as I see this is something I wanted to aquire for some time and some day pass down to my son.
Thank you,
phoneman1
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:01 am
Kefan1's post has brought to my attention the fact that I haven't introduced m'self "properly", as it were.

My nickname, "Captain Chaos", is the result of the fact that I break stuff - anything, anytime, anywhere. Sometimes, just being close by is enough; the Chaos Field extends several feet from me, apparantly... I've been known as "Chaos" for, I suppose, about twenty years, now.

I started shooting shotgun in late 2009, a few months after Dad died and left me with a few guns to "play with". The collection was eclectic, to say the least. Three, I had destroyed. They were in bad shape, of no historical interest and not worth anything.

As for the rest, I gave away all the guns that I was unlikely to use. A Marlin M55 goose-gun went to a family friend. A Greener GP and and old BP, bolt-action single-shot went to my cousin. A hundred-year-old Greener, SxS hammer-gun went to my uncle. I figured that each time they used a gun of his, they'd remember him...

The guns that I kept were all pump-action: a mid-seventies Remington 870 Wingmaster, an early-fifties Higgins M20 and my favourite, an early-eighties, Parkerised, Ithaca M37 DSPS.

The first time that I was invited out to shoot clays, I broke the M37 - a spot-weld let go at the end of the action bar and, on this particular gun, the *other* spot-weld hadn't "taken" so that was enough to disconnect the forend. Eventually, I got it welded back.

Mid-2010 saw me acquire an FAC (FireArms Certificate) and *now* I was allowed two *unrestricted* shotguns. Most PSGers seemed to be buying Benellis but, before I could rush out and get something like that, an RFD (Registered Firearms Dealer) offered me his M37 which was identical to Dad's but was *not* crimped and restricted to three-shot.

I've been using it ever since. It's not terribly reliable and I've had to replace some parts but it's *great* fun to shoot. (I also shoot an unrestricted Chiappa 1887.)

True to form, last Sunday saw me break another M37 part; this time, it's the little pin that fastens the action bar and bolt carrier together...

I've also managed to acquire an M51. I broke *that* without even taking it out to shoot... :(

As for the avatar, well that's me shooting the ol' M37 DSPS. (The cap's lettering says, "ChAoS".)

Regards,

Mark.
Came late in life to shooting but is making up for lost time...
Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:57 am
My screen name comes from the job I did in the Navy. I was a chief warrant officer specializing in nuclear propulsion (submarines and aircraft carriers). My avatar comes from the engineering insignia for the only nuclear powered commercial merchant ship ever built in America (so far), the NS Savannah.
What's my favorite thing to drive? How about 280,000 horsepower of pure whoopass.
Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:16 pm
My screen name is coined after my first Ithaca firearm, a Model 37 20 ga., which I purchased just yesterday! Sweet. :mrgreen:

The avatar was the first one that met the ridiculously miniscule file size requirements. :D

.22LR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:55 pm
I haven't found an avatar that I like, at least one that I can post here. As for the name, well...
I used to cook lunches for our monthly shoots at a small trap/skeet club (closed now, sadly) near Victorville, Ca. We had one member who was constantly asking what I put in whatever I was cooking, I think his religious beliefs changed fairly often, most likely whenever he obtained a new girlfriend. Being an accommodating guy, I would tell him the ingredients. One Sunday, he caught me in a less-than-friendly mood (hangover most likely), and he asked what was in the (beef) stew I was cooking up. I told him that it was a roadkilled coyote that I had scraped up from highway 395 on the way to the club. His jaw dropped a foot! A friend overheard that, and pointed at me and yelled "Roadkill Bill!". The name stuck, it is embroidered on the back of my shooting vest.
I sure do miss that little club, we had some great times. One of the few clubs where I have seen the trap and skeet shooters get along well.
Cheers,
Bill

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:20 pm
No avitar yet, my name comes from living back in the woods. Everything is dirty.seems like whatever I do, I get filthy dirty, evenif I'm working on something shiny and new. And I'm getting older than I feel. Therefor it makes me a muddyoldman. Dirty old man sounds perverted.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:39 am
Hi, My screen name is based on my Black Lab pup's name "Dillinger" and my favorite "Semi" the model 51. No avatar at present
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:29 pm
Welcome to the Ithaca Owners Forum Dillenger51 !!

Which Ithaca firearm do you own and enjoy...?!
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:55 am
Pretty simple really, I owned a 59 impala convertible for a whole 2 weeks! It was a basket case that was bought with my heart not my head and I lost £3000 in that two weeks. The experience has never left me though and one day I shall have another! A bit like model 37's in the shotgun world, the 59 impala in my opinion is the king of American auto design.
Vendor
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:17 am
Impala's were certainly one of the best looking cars of the age. My Mom worked for an Oldsmobile dealership so we had a blue 88.
--Jim
PreviousNext

Return to New Member Welcome Area