What On Earth Is This?

Moderator: ripjack13

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:11 pm
Ah. Yes. Yours looks just *slightly* different to mine. :)

It all becomes clear. I can now even see the retaining pin's hole in my photo even though I never spotted it when I looked at the gun - why I didn't see that before, I don't know.

I also now see why my bolt carrier is broken...

Thanks for posting the photo.

Regards,

Mark.
Came late in life to shooting but is making up for lost time...
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:56 pm
mine has been repaired.
I was able to work out some of the deformation ,rounded the flare out again ,actually shortened it a small bit and polished it out for smoothness again.
just remember that whatever you do you don't want to break the "seal" between the spring tube and where it passes through the receiver.
the spring plunger that sits in there should freely move in and out of the spring tube without binding
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:49 pm
twistedoak wrote:mine has been repaired.
I was able to work out some of the deformation ,rounded the flare out again ,actually shortened it a small bit and polished it out for smoothness again.
just remember that whatever you do you don't want to break the "seal" between the spring tube and where it passes through the receiver.
the spring plunger that sits in there should freely move in and out of the spring tube without binding

It'll probably be some time before I get my '51 sorted out because the '37s come first. However, I'll bare all this in mind when I *do* get around to gettin' it fixed.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Regards,

Mark.
Came late in life to shooting but is making up for lost time...
Previous

Return to Discontinued Ithaca Models