Flues Victory SBT

1914-1923

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:26 am
I recently purchased a Flues "Victory" model SBT with a serial number in the 290 range. The gun has a 33.25" barrel, as measured, which I know was not a standard length. If the barrel was cut down from 34" it was very well done. From what I can tell from the reference books I have, the gun has a 2 5/8" chamber. On the underside of the barrel, near the breach end, it is stamped with what looks like "2", "1", and "4" in a row and slightly below those an "A".

I was wondering if anyone knows if Victory models were made in custom-order barrel lengths, if anyone has different information on what the chamber length might be, and information on the characters stamped on the barrel.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:05 pm
I have a Flues Victory grade as well and enjoy it very much. I would start by taking the gun to a local gun smith that you trust. They will be able to check measure the chamber for you. Many guns have been re-chambered over the years and yours may be already 2&3/4. If not you can have it done if you like, it is not overly difficult and should not cost very much. As for the barrel length have the smith measure that choke while you are there. If it measures out as cylinder than the barrel most likely has been cut down. If there is still a choke in the barrel it is doubtful in my mind that it has been cut down. On a safety note the Flues model was not designed for today's high pressure loads. Shoot it with low pressure loads only.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:07 pm
Thanks very much for the response. I've ordered some lite 2.5" shells from RST to shoot in this gun but will follow up in locating a good gunsmith in the area to have it checked.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:13 pm
Sounds like you are on the ball. By the way most gun smiths will not charge you to check the chamber and choke. It is a simple process and will only take a moment. While you are there you could pick up a box of shells or some other such thing.

Return to Flues Model