Ithaca Phoenix Over-Under Shotgun

Moderator: ripjack13

Administrator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:28 pm

This is a thread to discuss the future Ithaca Phoenix Over-Under shotgun...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:48 am
Now that is a great lookin' shotty !!
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:23 am
That it is! I can't wait for it to become available.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:48 pm
When will the Phoenix become available? What gauges will it be available in?

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:03 am
Got to fondle the demo at the Ohio shoot back in June, and have been waiting ever since.
The guys in the booth then were estimating it coming onto the market around Christmas. Is that still the schedule?
A flash in the pan, a puff of smoke, and a prayer to the great Lord on high...

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:18 pm
I sent an e-mail to the company last month and they said to look for something in the first quarter of 2012 on the Phoenix and other new offerings.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:27 pm
I would love to use up a box clay's with that beauty. Been wanting an over'n'under for my collection. This is the 1 I've been waiting for.
Administrator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:19 am
I will update everyone with pictures when I am at the 2012 SHOT Show as it should be there on display.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:48 pm
Shooting USA had a segement on it last night along with coverage of the factory in general. Looks like a great shotgun but when they said it was going to retail for $2,500 my excitement turned to major disappointment!!! No way will I be able to sell the wife on the idea of buying one! Guess I will have to settle for my dad's 20 gauge Citori Lighting! Maybe Santa will put it in my stocking next year!!

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am
With the dropping of the Ruger Red Label,when the Ithaca Phoenix comes on line, it will be the only 0/U made in the United States.

Just an edit to what I posted earlier.It would seem it will not be the only United States made O/U.I forgot about the A10 and someone else told me that Kolar makes O/U shotguns in the United States. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:58 am
28 gauge wrote:With the dropping of the Ruger Red Label,when the Ithaca Phoenix comes on line, it will be the only 0/U made in the United States.

Just an edit to what I posted earlier.It would seem it will not be the only United States made O/U.I forgot about the A10 and someone else told me that Kolar makes O/U shotguns in the United States. :oops:

Well "affordable" o/u then. At $2500 the Ithaca is not cheap but my understanding is that the Kolar and other US made o/u's are even higher. I hope the Phoenix has no teething problems after launch because it has a chance at becoming a good seller. I think a lot of people will pay a bit more for a US made o/u that is reliable and a good shooter.
Vendor
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:06 am
20gapump wrote:
28 gauge wrote:With the dropping of the Ruger Red Label,when the Ithaca Phoenix comes on line, it will be the only 0/U made in the United States.

Well "affordable" o/u then. At $2500 the Ithaca is not cheap but my understanding is that the Kolar and other US made o/u's are even higher. I hope the Phoenix has no teething problems after launch because it has a chance at becoming a good seller. I think a lot of people will pay a bit more for a US made o/u that is reliable and a good shooter.

I am going to bet it is going to be a tank. The company is 100% dedicated to delivering any of their products the very best they can be. I can tell you that after being a dealer for them for several years now every last person is 100% committed to delivering the best product possible. That hasn't changed from day one.
--Jim
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:23 pm
I am at SHOT Show now and the Ithaca Phoenix is awesome! I can't wait to pick one up for myself! It has an adjustable rib system so that you can make it fit your sight picture perfectly.

Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:28 pm
The Ithaca Pheonix is incredible!!! gets two thumbs up from me.
Administrator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:36 am

These pictures do not represent the finished product but rather a demonstration model.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:07 pm
That's not fair!
Now I've got drool all over my keyboard!

What a beauty!
A flash in the pan, a puff of smoke, and a prayer to the great Lord on high...
Vendor
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:14 pm
Nice looking stock, very old school lines and checkering, like the old flues, parkers and winchesters.
--Jim

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:54 am

I'm holding a standard grade 30 in. bbl. Phoenix, above.
Administrator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:44 am
Looking good! I didn't realize you were out there too.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:40 pm
Nice looking O\U. Now where did I put that $2500.00 wallet????

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:49 pm
Dang. I really want one. I better start saving.

Thanks a lot for posting the pictures guys!

.22LR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:35 am
Hello, Everyone,

This is my first post over here at Ithaca Owners, and I just wanted to say I'm really looking forward to the Phoenix! This looks like a gorgeous, simple, solid, quality shotgun, and I can't wait to get ahold of one. I think it'll be great to have a shotgun that can stand up to lots of shooting, is derived from a proven and time-tested design, and is made in America.

Although I'll have to save up for a little while so my wife doesn't kill me in my sleep, I like the price point. From what I understand, the "field grade" version, at somewhere between $2,500 and $3,500, starts the Phoenix in a nice spot not too far above some of your more basic models from, say, Beretta and Browning (and with Ruger out of the market, though, it seems you can't really get into another nice new American O/U for anything close to that). Given the high caliber of Ithaca's other products and customer service, and the reputation of the Knickerbocker design, this new venture is likely to be something special, and I'm happy to wait a little longer and save up a bit more to get one. Thankfully, my wife's been putting money aside for me in a "shotgun fund" for a little while now, so I'm hoping to be fortunate enough to grab one of these beauties early on.

Also, just in case anyone read the same post that I did on another site: I gave Ithaca a call, and they informed me that they're not yet taking orders (the post on the other site suggested they were already selling out of certain grades), but you can put your name on a list to be notified with further information as soon as it becomes available. As far as I know, that's all we can do at the moment.

Anyway - exciting stuff! I'm looking forward to getting a Phoenix and to spending more time on this excellent forum.

Hope all's well.

Sincerely,
SharpshooterWPG
Administrator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:07 am
You won't be disappointed with the Ithaca Phoenix! I plan to pick one up as soon as they become available as well. They have the barrels and receivers done but they are finalizing the stocks and forends. Ithaca wants to make sure they are perfect.

.22LR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:57 am
Thanks for the update, DHonovich! That's just what I'd expect from Ithaca!

Do you (or anyone else for that matter) happen to know whether there's any specs/options we'll have to choose before placing an order? I'm aware of grade (from what I understand, there's likely going to be a "field" grade, a middle grade, and a "Sousa" grade, or something along those lines), but will we also have a choice of barrel lengths, ejectors/extractors, anything else? I'd love to know so I can think things over ahead of time and be ready to go when Ithaca starts taking orders.

Hope all's well.

SWPG

.22LR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:56 pm
By the way - saw this picture of the Phoenix action that I think gives a great sense of its strength:

Next

Return to Ithaca Phoenix Over-Under