new owner...1952 37 Featherlight

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Moderator: ripjack13

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:44 pm
Hi - I joined over the weekend.

I picked up a Featherlight languishing at my LGS. It has an improved choke barrel and someone bubba'ed it up with a weaver scope and at one time had a bayonet on it.

I'll be submitting a tax stamp on it shortly and figuring out how I want to do a bird's head grip on it (conflicted about buying new wood vs. cutting the original).

Engraving ready to go......

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:47 pm
There's a small chip in the wood along the trigger group...likely an easy fix with some wood glue and a file for some relief inside

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:14 pm
Welcome to the Ithaca Owners Forum PGT !!

What type of engraving will be done to the shotgun...?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:53 am
Its already done....fiber laser, engraved so I can Form 1 this into a short-barreled shotgun.

It looks like because mine is a 1952 made version, I can't easily swap barrels so I've given up finding a donor and will look at donor wood instead.

The question is.....do I leave this thing looking like 60+ years of wear or refinish it?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:57 pm
Depends if it's gonna be a shooter or a collector piece to be sold at a later date...

If you're gonna SBS it...refinish it.
Administrator
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:12 am
Howdy, I'm bumping up old posts to see if I can get our members back on the forum...
Welcome to the club. I'm interested in the progress you may have had with that featherlight....
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere...

:ugeek:
Former Admin

Return to New Member Welcome Area