Posting Pictures

This is the place to post anything and everything related to the functional aspects of this site.

Moderator: ripjack13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:48 pm
I'll explain it as best I can. There may be a way to post multiple pictures with less work, but I dont know how to do it. I'll try to figure it out though!

Where ever you have pictures posted, whether photobucket, facebook, imageshak, a website or google search;
move your cursor over the pic. Right click and you'll get a command prompt box. Go to the bottom of the box and left click on "properties". In the next box, youll see the image "url". Move the cursor to that and then right click. In the next box, you'll see somewhere, "select all". Left click. The entire image url will be highlighted now. Now you right click again and click on "copy". Next click "ok" at the bottom and the box will close.

Now in the thread you are posting to or responding to, look across the top, ^up there^. See where there is a button that says "Img"? Click on that and youll see this: [img][ /img]

Once you have "[img][ /img]", right click in the middle and youll have a command prompt box again. Select "paste" and the image url you highlighted before will be pasted between the "[img][ /img]" thingy.

If it worked it will do this;

It may not be a pic of my 4 year old, but hopefully whatever you intended to paste in there! Now go give it a try!!!
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com
"No free man shall ever be procluded the use of arms."
Do right and fear nothing!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:14 am
Very good info...thanks for posting !!

and Real Cute kid Brad !!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:02 am
Thanks!!! Shes a nut job for sure. She wants to be a "fashion star", so this was her posing and practicing!

As for the pics... I know there are other places to host pics, and I'm told Picasa is pretty easy cuz it will auto recognize pics on your computer and from there you can have it auto upload to a web album. Cant verify that as I havent tried it yet. I do have Picasa and its free to download!

I still havent figured out multiple pics, but I think theres a way by seperating with commas or something.
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:39 am
There is also the upload option in the full editor. Below the text box, below the buttons for "save draft", "preview", and "submit", there is an options tab and;
"Upload attachment"

Click upload attachment and you'll have the option to "browse" the files on your computer. You can add a comment to the picture then add the file. After adding the file, you will be able to add it to the text box, which is what I am currently typing in.

The uploaded attachment will look like this;
Attachments
blacked_out_muscle_reworked-1000x721 (Medium) (Small).jpg
Tiger Lily
blacked_out_muscle_reworked-1000x721 (Medium) (Small).jpg (34.69 KiB) Viewed 23981 times
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com

.22LR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:57 pm
Rossignol, thanks for the tutorial. It wasn't exactly the same on my computer, but close enough for me to figure out.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:31 pm
Good deal man! Happy to help where I'm able!

I understand it wont always be exactly the same process, I have Windows 7, some are using XP or even Vista, buy like you said, close enough man! :D
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:05 pm
Pretty good pic of the pit...yours ?!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:22 pm
Yep, Shes mine!!! American Bulldog actually, Lily is 5 years old now. That pic was taken before she completed her championship at about a year and a half old!

Thanks Shooter!
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:11 am
I am getting an error that the file is too large, i tried resizing but still no luck. Any tips?
Vendor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:43 pm
Simpleman wrote:I am getting an error that the file is too large, i tried resizing but still no luck. Any tips?

if you can, try reducing the photo to under 700K in size. that seems to work OK for me.
--Jim

Return to Ithaca Owners Site Support