Federal Trophy Copper slugs

Anything and everything related to ammunition can be posted here.

Moderator: ripjack13

.22LR
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:19 am
This year Federal has introduced it's own line of all copper tipped sabot slugs called the Trophy Copper, it's a continuation of their new rifle bullet line. Unfortunatly this means they are dropping the Barnes Tipped Expander from their shotgun slug line, which I know is a popular slug among hunters and deadly as well. Last weekend I bought a couple boxes of the new Trophy Copper slugs from my local Bass Pro, $13.49 a box and tried them out in my M37 DS that I just got back form Ithaca, I had a Thumbhole stock put on her. Anyway I made the mistake of buying 3" shells not the 2 3/4" which is what I wanted but I shot them anyway. Box specs 12 ga. 3" 300 gr. at 2000 FPS. These grouped fairly well for me at 100 yds. around 2 1/2" for a three shot group. Some were smaller and some were larger I will try to get some pictures up later.
1983 M37 Deerslayer w/ Nikon Pro-Staff 2-7x32

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:36 am
If you turkey hunters haven't tried this stuff, you really should give it a go. Now it isn't cheap but it's performance is really good. . . . . . . . . . . .. . ..
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:29 pm
Welcome to the Ithaca Owners Forum hafiz zain !!

Return to Ammunition